Fellowship Application Requirements and Instructions
BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR FELLOWSHIP
- Applicants must have engaged in the practice of surgery for at least one year following the completion of an ACGME-accredite surgical training program – or currently be participating in a surgical specialty fellowship.
- Applicants must be certified by the appropriate specialty Member Board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the American Osteopathic Association.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT
- Review requirements for membership and fill out application completely. Applications are processed on a monthly basis and sent to the appropriate State Councilor and the Membership Chair for approval.
- The Southwestern Surgical Congress membership dues and application fees are not deductible as a charitable contribution, but may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. The American Journal of Surgery subscription price for one year is included in your dues fee and may not be deducted. Please consult your tax advisor.
- Fees will be due at time of acceptance. The initiation fee is $310 and include the first year of membership dues.