Associate Application Requirements and Instructions
BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSOCIATE FELLOWSHIP
- Applicants should be physicians who are at any level of an ACGME-accredited surgical training program.
- Associate Fellowship will be limited to the time period required for successful completion of residency, board certification and one year of practice, at which time the Associate Fellow is eligible for Active Fellowship, Associate Fellows who apply for Active Fellowship will have the initiation fee waived and pay the standard membership dues at that time.
- Active Fellow registration fees will be applicable to the Associate Fellows for the Annual Scientific Meeting. Associate Fellows will be entitled to the same privileges as Active Fellows except the privileges of voting and holding office.
- Associate Fellows must follow The SWSC’s official Constitution and Bylaws. They may not hold office or vote on Congress issues.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT
- Review requirements for membership and fill out application completely. Applications are processed on a monthly basis and sent to the appropriate State Councilor and the Membership Chair for approval.
- The Southwestern Surgical Congress membership dues and application fees are not deductible as a charitable contribution, but may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. The American Journal of Surgery subscription price for one year is included in your dues fee and may not be deducted. Please consult your tax advisor.
- Fees will be due at time of acceptance. The initiation fee is $60 and includes the first year of membership dues.