Advanced Practice Provider Application Requirements and Instructions
BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR APP MEMBERSHIP
- Membership shall be offered to Nurse Practitioners, Physician’s Assistants, and Advanced Practice Nurses. Advanced Practice Provider members will have a representative on the Executive Council who is appointed by the president and will have full voting privileges in matters of the Council.
- APP members will not have general voting privileges and are excluded from holding office, but will receive the journal and other benefits of membership once annual dues have been paid.
- APP members are entitled to special APP member annual meeting registration fees, reduced annual membership dues as set by the Council, and a subscription to the American Journal of Surgery.
- APP Members must follow The SWSC’s official Constitution and Bylaws. They may not hold office or vote on Congress issues.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT
- Review requirements for membership and fill out application completely. Applications are processed on a monthly basis and sent to the appropriate State Councilor and the Membership Chair for approval.
- The Southwestern Surgical Congress membership dues and application fees are not deductible as a charitable contribution, but may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. The American Journal of Surgery subscription price for one year is included in your dues fee and may not be deducted. Please consult your tax advisor.
- Fees will be due at time of acceptance. The initiation fee is $60 and includes the first year of membership dues.